This qualification will develop your practical skills and knowledge to develop services and programs to meet the emotional, physical and social needs of people within a residential setting. You will develop skills in advanced communication, empowerment techniques and how to design processes to support daily living activities. You will learn how to design and deliver programs that are accessible and enhance community integration, and develop an understanding of the legal and ethical requirements for working in residential aged care and community services sectors. The management skills embedded within this qualification increase opportunity to advance within the sector in a management role, further study options after completion include Diploma level in Nursing.
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support addresses the requirements to work primarily in residential facilities and supporting care roles within the community services sector, under direct supervision or regular supervision within clearly defined organisational guidelines and service plans. It will equip you to capably and skillfully undertake a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Activities relating to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living;
- Services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people;
- Support to promote independence and community participation;
- Reporting to service managers and liaising with professionals and other service providers;
- Ability to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.